Inside the visitors’ center at Chichibu Distillery, high in the hills of Saitama Prefecture, a hint of sawdust mingled with the aromas of vanilla, dried fruits and honey that filled the air. The wooden structure is the newest building on the site of Japan’s most recently opened distillery, which began producing Ichiro’s Malt whisky in 2008. Since then, the whiskies crafted by owner Ichiro Akuto have won awards at global competitions and inspired cultlike devotion among connoisseurs, fetching as much as ¥50,000 for some of the rarest bottles...
Find a japanese whisky
- Ichiro’s Malt Chichibu IPA Cask Finish 2017, Japanese beer and whisky wedding
- Nikka’s 2017 limited editions ; Yoichi and Miyagikyo Moscatel and Rum Wood Finish
- Suntory unveiled a new Yamazaki Mizunara single malt limited edition for 2017
- New Mars Whisky Nature of Shinshu : Kohiganzakura
- Suntory Hibiki 35 year old Arita and Kutani edition 2016 !
Where to buy
The Japanese whisky online shop