Inside the visitors’ center at Chichibu Distillery, high in the hills of Saitama Prefecture, a hint of sawdust mingled with the aromas of vanilla, dried fruits and honey that filled the air. The wooden structure is the newest building on the site of Japan’s most recently opened distillery, which began producing Ichiro’s Malt whisky in 2008. Since then, the whiskies crafted by owner Ichiro Akuto have won awards at global competitions and inspired cultlike devotion among connoisseurs, fetching as much as ¥50,000 for some of the rarest bottles...
Find a japanese whisky
- Shizuoka distillery launches its second single malt : Prologue W
- Sakurao distillery single malts first release !
- Casks exchange between Chichibu and Mars Whisky !
- Nagahama Inazuma & Saburomaru Far East of Peat, the first collaboration between Japanese distilleries !
- Zemon, the pot still made in Japan
Where to buy
The Japanese whisky online shop